New Contest – More Updates!
OK, I’m feeling a lot better now and I got through the workday with only a slight bout of lightheadedness. I did nap a bit when I got home and now I’m ready to do the next update.
Remember I still have my CASH-PRIZE contest running. Here’s an idea, if you want to really keep up to date on what I’m doing, you can either subscribe to my RSS feed or to my Google Group (just scroll down).
And we have a WINNER in my “What’s in it for You?” Contest. The first to post was Jase (vslavetopassionv) you win a free copy of Illusion of Night! Drop me a line Jase and your copy will be on its way in no time!
OK, next contest! Since I’m going to be spending the next few months shamelessly promoting, why not join me? The first one to post “I NEED MY SPACE!” can advertise their most recent release on Black Satin for a period of two weeks, starting the first Monday after they post. If you post on a Monday it will start on the Monday after. Advertisements will be placed on a separate page. You can send cover art (reasonable size, if I think it’s too big I will resize it), banners, or anything else you might want shown (sorry no book trailers, space is limited but feel free to include links to trailers) along with information about the work itself.
Interested in being interviewed on my blog or being a guest blogger? Drop me line! Below, I’m placing my standard interview questions. They are author-centric but artists can respond as well. Feel free to answer as many as you like although I’d like to request a minimum of five. Use the form at the bottom of the page to contact me or message me on FaceBook and/or Blogger. This is a great opportunity for more promotion!
Please choose at least five and any others you like. Feel free to include links to your site or where to purchase your works. Thank you for taking the time to complete this interview!
1. Who is (author/artist name)?
2. When did you first start writing/drawing and why?
3. Are there any particular artists who inspire you?
4. Why your current genre/style?
5. What type of tools do you use when creating your art?
6. Can you describe a typical day of creative work?
7. Someone approaches you and asks you, what do you write? How do you respond?
8. How do you handle the question, “Why don’t you write something serious?”
9. How do you feel about the current state of mainstream publishing? E-book publishing?
10. What bothers you most about some of the cover art you’ve seen?
11. What are some of your other interests?
12. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books/art?
13. What do you think makes a good story?
14. What are some of the promotional methods you use? What works or doesn’t?
15. Are you an introverted or extroverted writer/artist?
16. Do you feel writers get a fair portrayal in other mediums such as TV shows and movies?
17. Do you have any quirky or unusual stories concerning your work?
18. Just for fun — they’re making your book into a movie. Who do you imagine would play your characters?
19. And speaking of movies, what’s your writing soundtrack? Or do you write in complete silence?
20. What is the best and/or worst writing advice you’ve ever received?
21. If you could meet three writers/artists (alive or dead), who would they be? Why those choices and what would you say to them?
22. Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
23. Tell us about your current and future projects. What is on the horizon? (feel free to provide links).